Classes, Clinics, and Events
I am holding all classes and individual lessons virtually.
You may sign up below or contact me for one on one appointments.
Easy Body Wisdom Yoga and Somatics is an experiential anatomy home practice with unwinding movement, targeted asana and fluid strengthening. Benefits include improved immune function through better breathing and circulation, relief from chronic pain and limitations, less stress and worry. Included topics are better posture, pelvic floor breathing, resilience by integrating fascia in movement, and finding healthy muscle tone. Ongoing. $95 for 4 weeks. Classes held 10-11:15 an EST on Friday and Saturday mornings.
If you have not worked with me before you can take a sample class for $25. Also, please visit this page for some videos of my work.
Better Balance: Come to a mini- class that changes your ideas of how to be balanced in walking, sitting and other movement. Balance involves things we don’t think about like our tailbones, our deep internal axis and our vertical lines.
- Gain greater stability with bending, standing and fast movement.
- Walk and turn around with improved steadiness.
- Support and protect yourself by avoiding falls.
August 16th over Zoom. 10:30 – noon EST. $35
One on One Sessions: Develop your internal awareness and experience for pain relief, better movement and posture, calm, clarity and a feeling of well-being. I use guided and felt imagery, somatic interception, Yoga therapy, movement coaching and intuitive counseling to help you build Physical, emotional and mental resilience and stamina. Contact me and let’s have a conversation about how I can help. Or make an appointment by clicking here.
Based on Mark Morris Dance for Parkinson’s and the Boston University Yoga for Parkinson’s programs, this class offers fun and accessible movements that support dexterity, strength, balance, walking, vocalization, flexibility, motor control, and rapidity. Students report feeling better and calmer, and they enjoy the camaraderie.
Class size limited / $120 / 6 weeks
Wednesdays 9:30-10:45 am EST
The lesson on feet was a revelation . . . I had been experiencing a numb, prickly feeling in my foot, with ankle weakness and tremors, and had been finding it difficult to stand for long periods of time. I mentioned this to Donna at the beginning of a class and she tailored that day’s lesson to focus on foot strengthening and alignment. Even before the class was over, my symptoms were practically alleviated. In the following class, Donna reinforced the previous lesson and extended the focus on feet. I am constantly impressed by the depth of her knowledge, and by how she is able to lead a cohesive class while addressing each individual’s needs. I now have greater insight into the mechanics and structure of my feet, and an abundance of strategies to continue improving their function. I am elated! —Judy Bowerman, Northampton, MA
- Is naturally pleasurable and satisfying. We evolved to be a walking species.
- Can be done without sustaining injury or needing recovery time.
- Improves circulation, relieves arthritis, improves digestion, respiration and cuts the risk of diabetes, heart disease and stroke.
- Strengthens bone and muscle increasing your ability to maintain strength and balance
- Walking soothes our minds and gives us perspective.
Imagine a class that is slow and yummy, unwinding and filled with satisfying pulling, reaching, gliding and sliding. This is how we will explore the liquid matrix that wraps around and interconnects all our bone, muscles and organs.
Fascia is filled with nerve sensors, sensors for moving in space, temperature regulators and ignoring it or over riding its signals increase chance for injury and also inhibit recovery. Engaging it gives luscious support and effortless fluidity to our bodies. Possibly, the fascia also assists immune function.
Through playing with the natural spiral movements of your connective tissue you can make it healthier and build resilience that lets you:
- Move with more freedom.
- Have more mobile joints.
- Exercise safely and gain greater benefits.
- Relax chronic tension.
- Create balanced and healthy muscle tone.
If you are prone to neck or shoulder pain or tension – even despite the fact that you may already be working out, stretching or getting massage – the solution is not to do more of the same old thing. The answer is understanding the subtleties about how YOUR body needs to move.
You can learn gentle movements that connect your hands, arms and shoulders for increased mobility and long term pain relief. The best news? This work is enjoyable and leaves you feeling relaxed and centered.
Even if you have been a “couch potato” or are recovering from an injury, this eight-week course can help you:
- Eliminate strain and overwork in your neck, shoulders, and wrists.
- Turn and lift your head easily and without pain.
- Get more upper-body strength through natural, functional movements.
- Enhance rotator cuff and joint injury recovery.
- Become confident and comfortable in lifting, carrying and grasping.
Do you want rapid recovery from exertion or strain and protection from injury?
There is an effective and pleasurable way to use your muscles more intelligently. By integrating the muscle / fascia matrix you get:
- Easier Recovery after exertion
- Better recovery from injury
- Strength without hardening or tightness
- Everyday movement becomes flexible and pain-free.
- Clarity and precision to your movements.
- Muscle tone that supports balance in both active and relaxed states.
Anyone is welcome to this course. Please come prepared to learn and integrate your fascia matrix.
We human beings are biologically designed to be relaxed unless we need to confront a danger. So why are we so stressed out and tired?
One reason is we no longer breath fully and without effort. All day we hold our breath and breath shallowly. Re-claiming your natural, uncomplicated breath alleviates pain, brings relaxation and energy to your body while improving sleep and digestion. It calms the nervous system and lightens up mood.
This gentle and effective six-week course will each you how to:
- Let go of neck,upper back and shoulder pain and tension with simple breathing awareness.
- Comfort agitation and anxiety.
- Relieve lower back pain by properly using your diaphragm.
- Support healthy cardiac function.
- Keep your core strong just by normalizing your natural breath.
- Bring ease and resilience to difficult and turbulent situations.
If you have lower back pain, sore hips or pelvic prolapse you have probably worked on building your core. If abdominal work has not helped as much as you hoped it’s time for you to understand how the muscles of your pelvic floor work with and support other core muscles and organs.
Through gentle, natural, sequential movement coupled with targeted relaxation and strength you will:
- Find the natural movements of pelvis that keep pelvic floor muscles both elastic and strong.
- Develop breathing habits that take strain away from your pelvic diaphragm.
- Understand and nourish the fans and triangles that support bladder, rectum and uterus.
- Prevent or slow lower organ prolapse.
- Help relieve difficult urination or incontinence.
- Understand why and how good posture and smooth gait support your pelvic floor.
Hyoid Happiness – the little bone that removes shoulder stress, benefits postures and strengthens your voice
- Have neck, shoulder or jaw problems?
- Feel like your breath catches in your throat?
- Struggle to keep your head up and shoulders back?
- Notice your speaking voice get thin or reedy?
- Find yourself reacting to life with held breath and a tight throat?
Identifying, understanding and moving your hyoid bone and related muscles can help. This little bone connects our breathing, speaking, swallowing, and plays an important supporting role in overall posture. Natural hyoid movement is subtle, pain-free and can eliminate problems with chronic neck and shoulder tension, difficulty speaking, swallowing or feeling like your head weighs too much!
At their best, sitting and standing can provide rest, stillness and comfortable support. But, like most people, you probably experience them as the opposite.You can change habits that can chase pain and stiffness away.You will:
Experience skull support that takes the pressure out of your neck and shoulders
- Experience developmental head reach that takes the pressure out of your neck and shoulders
- find weight travel through your bones avoiding unnecessary muscle contraction.
- Find extended spinal support that feels like having a third leg
- Discover Integrity in basic body geometric shapes that guide alignment and make it easy.
- Discover ways to feel you have both ease of movement and structural integrity without constant vigilance and work.
This course will give you what you need to know to get strength, flexibility and healthy function in your hips. We will use natural spiral, sequential movements that include, but are independent of, strength and flexibility training. We will also understand the supporting connection of your feet, sacrum, lower back and pelvic floor. Once you understand the principles for feeling free in your body you can apply them to all your movements.
- Relieve hip pain by reducing tension your hips carry because of common postural fallacies.
- Use smart – not harder or more – movement to build strength, flexibility and balance.
- Understand the range of your personal hip joints and how to support their longevity.
- Learn about the lower body suspension system that takes pressure off of your joints.
You can have a healthy, flexible and fluid spine and great posture without constant vigilance, correction, adjusting or propping.
This class is a meditation in stillness and movement. This is a pleasant practice that has very useful for anyone wanting to have better posture, improve yoga asana. suffering from spinal pain or tension or just aging. You will find your natural vertical alignment through gently and consciously engaging developmental support for the spine, digestive system, brain stem and glands (or chakras). Awareness and engagements of these support provide effortless good posture that takes strain and weakness out of the muscles. The result is:
- Fluid and restful spinal decompression.
- Experience of “no holding, no tugging, no-tightening” engagement.
- Help keep bones healthy by finding gravity and its rebound.
- Balance between internal and outer open attention in the nervous system.
- Relief from back pain and difficulties with walking and sitting
- A Tadasana that gives fluidity and support to all yoga standing poses
- Experience energetic support for structure.
6 weeks beginning:
Friday, September 6 10 -11:15 am
Saturday, September 7 10-11:15am
- Offers you a third leg (tail) that brings freedom and support to your hips and knees.
- Lets you have a “good head on your shoulders” by finding just the rights skeletal balance so your neck and shoulder muscles can lay off all that extra work.
- Supports your ability to rapidly turn while maintaining balance and a youthful spring.
- Moves with your digestive organs bringing your uprightness a soft, vertical quality.
- Gives you strain-free range of motion in side, forward, back bending and twisting
If you are like most people, standing takes it’s toll. It can be hard on knees, hips and backs and many peoples feet take a beating.You will:
- Understand and experience the different arches of your foot and use them for better function
- Experience ankle support that takes the pressure out of knees and heels
- Find the natural pathway of your feet in your gait.
- Create mobility in parts of your feet that have felt “dead” for years
- Lift flat feet and lower arches that are too high
- Relieve pain.
- Learn to integrate a somatic approach into your teaching.
- Find the keys to your confidence and presentation.
- Make yoga teaching a more full and creative experience for yourself.