Study a Somatic Movement Approach to Yoga
Why get coached on a somatic approach for yoga?
Because as a yoga teacher you can be more subtle and profound in your instruction or practice.
Somatic Yoga helps you:
- Feel into your body with increased subtlety and knowing.
- Embrace gravity for better support and range.
- Unlearn myths about yoga anatomy that can stress and strain in yoga postures.
- Change reactions in your body that build samskaras.
- Change movement habits that cause pain and debilitation.
- Understand and embody fascia, bone spirals, visceral support of organs, balance of the nervous system.
You can give better feedback and guidance to your students that will translate into:
- Better Retention
- Better Results
- Be more effective with less effort
- Help students who have been challenged by asana previously
- Have a bigger array of tools for helping people in pain or aging.
It’s not unusual for my students to report resolution of long-term patterns in their lives and their bodies. You can have this experience for your students too.
Appointments will be made after purchase below. You can hire me by the session and work at your own pace. We can go into the details and specific approaches you need to create lasting, gently and deeply effective changes for your students now.
My Zoom based coaching is an hour and 3o minutes per session and costs $195. Follow up sessions vary in length and price is adjusted accordingly. Sign up below.
Zoom Somatic Movement Approach to Yoga | 1 hr and 30 minutes Consultation
CEU for yoga teachers available
I am also available for in person intensives. The intensive gives you in person touch and integration time.
- Do a pre-visit consult and action plan for what you results you want.
- Have 2 morning intensives so embody your with a level of ease that lets asana and teaching happen naturally.
- Give you two individual lessons coaching your embodies teaching.
- Post visit assessment and wrap up coaching.
Or we can plan a somatic yoga workshop in your region.
Contact Donna for dates and details.
What yoga teachers and movement professionals have said:
True Healing…. Since working with her my Yoga poses have become expressions of inner space, connection and flow. I am learning and expanding into new parts of myself by listening to my body and letting it guide the way it needs to move. This is true healing and empowering yoga.” – Karoun Charkoudian, owner, Karoun Yoga
Discovered the Foundation of my Yoga Teacher’s Training…..Gravity and my tailbone movement became real experiences during my study with Donna. Even though they were used as a teaching orientation in my training I never really felt them the way I do now. – Yoga Teacher
Putting the Pieces Together…..The work is a very powerful piece of the body work puzzle I’ve been attempting to solve for many years. – Lisa Enzer, dancer / Yoga teacher
This work has shifted my entire practice and teaching….I had no idea there really is so much ease in effort! – Yoga teacher