The Yoga of the Pelvic Floor
Smart Yoga for the Pelvic Floor
Aging, poor posture, over exercising, weight gain, constipation, child bearing or childbirth can stretch ligaments, prolapse organs or create muscle imbalances. Both men’s and women’s pelvic health can deteriorate from excess stress, sexual abuse, disease or trauma.
There is a tipping point as to how much stress our bodies can hold. Lack of proper care can show up as pain, prolapse or incontinence related to the pelvic floor. If you are prone to pelvic pain, weakness, prolapse, injury or just want to keep your pelvis and the force of grounded root energy that accompanies it healthy, join me.
Through gentle, natural, sequential movement coupled with targeted relaxation and strength you will:
- Find the natural movements that keep pelvic floor muscles both elastic and strong.
- Develop breathing habits that take strain away from your pelvic diaphragm while supporting its elasticity.
- Prevent or slow lower organ prolapse.
- Help relieve difficult urination or incontinence.
Find relief for excess tightness, pain and pressure.
- Understand and nourish the fans and triangles that support bladder, rectum and uterus while decreasing pain.
- Understand why and how good posture and smooth gait support your pelvic floor.
- Experience yoga breath approaches that support different areas of prolpapse.
Course is $79 / $69 if paid by October 21st.
Register for the Yoga and the Pelvic Floor:
Sunday November 3 1-4:00 pm.