The Yoga of Walking
Good walking gait, stride and glide is the best exercise! Walking:
- Is naturally pleasurable and satisfying. We evolved to be a walking species.
- Can be done without sustaining injury or needing recovery time.
- Improves circulation, relieves arthritis, improves digestion, respiration and cuts the risk of diabetes, heart disease and stroke.
- Strengthens bone and muscle increasing your ability to maintain strength and balance
- Walking soothes our minds and gives us perspective.
- Supports the pelvic floor.
- Can give you a cardio workout.
But what if walking doesn’t feel as easy and natural as it used to? Are you are feeling pain in hips, knees or your back? Do your feet hurt? Do you just feel limited or sore? This workshop will help you
- Walk longer and faster and without pain.
- Eliminate pain in your lower back, hips, knees and feet.
- Improve your gait so walking is fluid and easy
- Build your core and upper body.
- Develop walking as a whole body exercise.
Want to know the secret to easy, fluid walking?
Good walking is coded into our evolutionary and developmental beginnings. You can simply and pleasurably revisit these movements and create a new level of comfort, ease and function. It’s fun and effective.
Join me for an outdoor, socially distanced walking clinic on May 23rd in Hadley, MA 1-3:30pm. $40
“I attended one of Donna’s walking clinics and learned a lot about how to walk with more ease and less pain. She really impressed me with her incredible knowledge of the human body and its mechanics. I subsequently attended private sessions with Donna to prepare for a vacation that involved a lot of walking. Thanks to our work together, I walked all over Venice, hiked the walls of Dubrovnik and scaled the Acropolis pain-free. Her teaching has stayed with me, resulting in easier walking and even better sleep.” Amy Woolf, AWCOLOR, Northampton, MA
“Overall your workshop has really changed my walking habits, which I now find MUCH more enjoyable. I walk smoother with more hip swing. But the biggest thing for me is that as soon as I remember how to lead, I can feel my whole back, butt and just overall body relax, and it is all so much easier and more fluid. I was showing my kids the difference and was reverting back to my older, much more tense walking style and we all could see a big difference. Thank you!!” Leslie Dunham, Amherst
“I’m a runner, walker, and Pilates instructor. After a bit too much of all three, I had some nagging hip pain, especially after long (and much loved) long walks. Wanting a fresh set of eyes and a different, yet experienced perspective, I signed up for Donna’s walking clinic. Yes, a walking clinic…bio-mechanically there is a lot to know, people. Between that and a private session to address my particular issues (including homework), I’ve been pain-free for weeks now…even after walking about 20+ miles around Montreal recently. Donna’s approach is subtle, but she really sees how your particular body works and helps you create more organized movement. That means less pain for you.” Kara Snyder, Vital Corps Wellness