Pelvic Floor Dysfunction is More Common than You Think
It is estimated that 30-40% of all women will struggle with some form of pelvic floor dysfunction in their lifetime, this is a HUGE number!
And yet we suffer in silence. We are embarrassed by the symptoms, and we often feel broken or ashamed. It is often very difficult to get the help and support you need which can be devastatingly isolating.
Your Pelvic Floor is Directly Related to Resilience
Unlocking the natural and healthy movements of our pelvic floor helps us heal from pelvic floor dysfunction and build our emotional and mental resilience at the same time. It is a gentle but powerful process that for some women is life changing.
If you are experiencing prolapse, pain, weakness, incontinence, AND feel stressed out this 3-hour workshop is for you.
Pelvic Floor Therapy Workshop
This 3-hour workshop focuses on therapy that is gentle, highly experiential and will leave you with an increased knowledge of the anatomy and function of your pelvic floor.
In this Pelvic Floor Therapy Workshop, you will discover:
- Full Diaphragmatic and Hypopressive breathing to prevent pelvic floor pressure
- The appropriate Kegel approach for your body.
- Relaxation and reverse kegels for pelvic pain.
- Movements for pelvic strength and diastasis repair
- The experience of healthy movements of the muscles of your pelvic floor.
- How your posture, jaw, and the arches of your feet can support your pelvic floor.
You will also:
- Develop connective tissue and ligament support for your pelvic organs
- Change the relationship between stress patterns, increased prolapse, pain or incontinence.
- Integrate your tailbone in healthy pelvic movement even if it's been broken or in pain
- Discover the fundamentals of your pelvic floor, stress regulation and embodiment.
Pelvic Floor Therapist & Educator: Donna Brooks
Hi, my name is Donna Brooks. I had a prolapse issue that worsened after each of my two pregnancies and menopause.
With over 35 years of experience in bodywork and yoga therapy, I feel confident that I can overcome any physical ailments that come my way, but this was a challenge!
In the journey to healing my own pelvic floor issues, I saw firsthand the effectiveness of embodiment and a holistic approach.
I am now passionately dedicated to sharing these gentle yet immensely powerful tools and shining a light on the conversation about pelvic floor dysfunction in our communities.
Read what some participants have had to say:
“She opened my mind to a bigger picture in the difficulties I'm having; it is a view that makes me feel more empowered in helping my situation.”
“I appreciate the emphasis on how the pelvic floor is related to the movement of the whole body and integrated with breathing and overall ease of being.”
“Donna's knowledge and ability to teach from her heart.”
“The stressing of fluidity in the body as well as not only focusing on the pelvic floor. I have found that such focus makes me feel more stressed about my condition.”
“I love Donna. She explains well. She’s non judgmental and she gives ideas on how to move no matter what one’s limitations are.”
NOTE! If you require individual attention, a one-on-one consultation can be made. Book a private session in-person or on Zoom below.