"We can improve all aspects of life with conscious breathing."
- Donna Brooks
About 20 years ago, I was really sick with Lyme. I couldn't focus on making myself breathe. I was too weak and tired. I already knew the diaphragm moves very similarly to a jellyfish. So, I decided to just feel the jellyfish move in its own way.
This transformed my breathing. My breath became effortlessly easier and slower. It seemed to arise from deep within me. It wasn't something I had to control from the outside.
Of course, breathing is both involuntary and consciously controlled. Using the tools of somatic embodiment we can find and feel its naturalness while also practicing supportive techniques as needed.
What are the benefits of conscious breathing?
Conscious breathing offers significant benefits to health and wellbeing. As well as increased energy and mental clarity, you can:
- lower blood pressure, heart rate & stress hormones
- improve the immune system and gut health
- relieve allergies and respiratory challenges
- decrease stress and anxiety
- increase feelings of calm, well-being and mental clarity.
- improve sleep, snoring, and sleep apnea
- help relieve Covid-19 breathe symptoms
- …and much more!
With simple steps, you can change how you breathe and establish life-changing habits.
Experience a deep connection to your body and breath
Welcome to the Conscious Breathwork Course. This online breathing course focuses on gently building diaphragmatic breathing and gives you a deeper sense of connection to your body and breath.
You will also:
- Develop self-sensing skills that better connect you with your own body.
- Gain support for lower back and pelvic floor prolapse
- Discover diaphragmatic self-massage technique for breathing and
- Experience nervous system calm with a guided breath meditation.