Your own emotional and physical health directly influences your ability to guide and heal, so it is crucial that you have solid tools to offload emotional and energetic burdens and invest in your own continuing journey of discovery. On a positive note, your own embodiment is infectious and delivers both explicit and non-explicit cues to clients, students and patients you work with.
Is this work for you?
Are you struggling with:
- Feeling overwhelmed by your thoughts, emotions or your bodily tension and responses?
- Keeping your nervous system regulated while staying present in your body?
- A profound sense of loss or anxiety with the challenges that our world faces?
- Feeling as though life is always rushing at you?
- Feeling like you are always giving?
Would you like:
- To feel more centered and grounded?
- Feel your own experience in your own body is your best resource?
- Convey embodiment to clients, students or patients?
- Experience clarity and calm emanating from your own bodily presence?
Embodiment therapy is healing through movement
Embodiment Therapy, also called ‘Somatic Movement Therapy’, offers the opportunity to align and integrate mind, body, and spirit, and frees the body from stress and tension caused by trauma, grief, injury, and a lifetime of poor posture and bad habits.
Through engaging in gentle, intentional, and pleasant movements, Embodiment Therapy helps you receive information from your body in a ‘bottom up’ way.
This bypasses the state of emotional arousal or cognitive confusion in your brain.
Your thinking mind finally takes a break.
When our mind then relaxes, and we connect deeply with our experiences and are fully present in our body, we increase our resilience and become less affected by external problems and emotions.
This is transformational work. We can go deep and talk. This is a non-judgmental space. I have also helped professionals increase their ability to use embodiment skills with their work. Whatever your needs, we can find a plan.
“Embodiment deeply changes our way of moving and being, it helps us face and transcend strain and trauma.”
- Donna Brooks
Introducing Donna Brooks
As an embodiment expert with over 35 years of experience in somatic movement, yoga therapy and the healing arts, I help clients connect their sensory and bodily experiences to their thoughts and emotions.
As an empathetic teacher and practitioner in the healing arts, I am often faced with an intensity of emotions as my clients deal with injury, trauma, grief, and loss.
When my son died in 2021, I was at first overwhelmed with personal grief and a mountain of complicated thoughts and emotions.
I could have remained in my suffering, but my daily embodiment practices allowed me to process what had happened and what I was experiencing, while still allowing me to experience a life where I could wake up, connect with others, and even laugh.
I could be present within my body and be present with the people around me.
I could successfully run my business and be of service to my clients without being overcome with emotions.
This is profoundly transformative work for me and for my clients, and it is my privilege to share it with you.
Embodiment facilitates development for you and the
people you serve.
As a wonderful adjunct to the therapeutic and spiritual growth process, embodiment facilitates development in a long-lasting and life-changing way.
You can be a healer, a teacher or a therapist who feels nourished as much as you give.
You can support your clients without feeling chained to the pain and challenges of their stories.
You can stay grounded and deeply connected to your own experiences whilst holding space for others to heal.
My clients report that with Conscious Embodiment and Somatic Movement, they can:
- Process their own tough experiences and build resilience.
- Shift into the present and be present with their clients.
- Alleviate bodily tension and pain which interfered with life and work.
- Build better energetic boundaries, allowing for more compassion for clients without becoming swamped.
- Stay relaxed and grounded in chaotic situations.
- Experience cognitive clarity when understanding and assessing situations or beliefs, bringing greater control and less reactivity to daily living.
Keep the depth and breadth of your perceptions and experiences of life that your sensitivity brings you, while releasing the worry and ‘ickiness’ of emotional storms.