Individualized Yoga and Movement Therapy for Pain Relief and Easier Movement
Creating Resilience Through Intelligent Movement
I am currently holding all classes and individual lessons virtually. 4 session one on one lessons are available. Contact me for rates and availability, May we grow and endure well through these challenging days.
Pain and movement restrictions can come from injury, illness, stress or even bad habits.
These injuries and habits often impede walking, running, cause pain or stiffness in sitting and standing and contribute to other problems like pelvic floor problems, balance issues and respiratory and cardio challenges. Luckily there is a lot you can do to get and stay out of pain.
There is. secondary problem that causes you to constrict your tissues even more. Initally tightening up, both physically and emotionally, with an injury protected you from the worst of the pain. It was useful but as time goes on it creates lasting limits and its own form of pain.
We have the ability to remove these habits and constrictions from our bodies but often need a trusted guide who can help us. Using a gentle, non-intrusive, and respectful approach, I offer one on one teaching and coaching to help you become more grounded, fluid, secure, resilient and pain free.
You will learn easy-to-apply practices that will move you into pleasant and energized activity that helps resolve difficulties in your body. You will go at your own pace to overcome pain, injury, pressure, exhaustion, or stress.
According to the UK Behavior Research Center, changing a behavior generally takes at least 66 days of consecutive action. Regaining strength, function, and bodily integrity takes time, attention, and ongoing support. You can find this support through group classes or through the individual programs below. Please realize these programs are a guide. In reality, everything I offer is tailored to you!
Confidence and Comfort
- Find relief from long term pain and body-stress issues.
- Experience deep relaxation that prevents pain and stress patterns from taking over.
- Make movement habits conscious and bring them under your control
- Experience having energy that arises from a calm, composed place.
12 consecutive weeks of hour long sessions with one expanded discovery session/ $1,200
Confidence and Comfort (3 months)
“Donna creates a safe container for me to profoundly deepen my own experience of embodiment.” —Eowyn Allstrom, yoga teacher
Many people need more than three months in order to create sustained change. It’s easy to go back to old habits without a support system. Six months provides it. Sign up for six months—two sessions are as good as free:
- Get the ongoing support you need to stabilize new and better habits.
- Play with new possibilities for living an enjoyable life in your body.
- Feel competence and capability in activities you previously avoided.
- Make limitation and body based fear a thing of your past.
24 consecutive weeks of hour long sessions (six months)/ $2,300
Habit Transformation (6 months)
“I feel more confident, more comfortable in my skin, and more at home with myself. Working with her has transformed aspects of my life I never even anticipated.” — Sara Sloan, therapist
New Changes Take Deep Root
In addition to the achievements in the six-month program, you will:
- Experience your body as a constant resource for well being and personal reflection.
- Have the energy and enthusiasm to tackle some of the things you feel most resistant to.
- Make quicker decisions, improve reflexes and achieve effortless poise and confidence in movement and life.
- Experience self care as natural and effortless.
32 consecutive weeks of hour long sessions (nine months)/ $3,000
New Changes Take Deep Root (9 months)
“Donna is helping me see that life really can be more comfortable and easier than I had imagined.” — Sally Popper, therapist
Are you interested but not sure?
One-time discovery sessions are available for $150. These discovery sessions help you assess if now is the time for you to enroll in this process of creating grace, integrity, and ease in your body and mind. Also, some clients choose the option of paying per lesson: $120.